FB it!

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Ca$h Feti$h

I do have to say, that there aren't a whole lot of jobs that allow you to make thousands of dollars in ca$h per week.  Overall I was pretty responsible, and paid my rent and school expenses before I bothered spending money on clothing.  I noticed that I had much different spending habits that some of the other girls in the biz.  Like most of the girls I knew would like to shop when they had extra money, but other than some key pieces, stilettos, a nice corset, lingere, that I would wear at shoots, I preferred to spend my extra money on electronic equipment (the top of the line phone, which at that time was a Nokia, and a tiny DVD-r camera that I figured out how to hook up to my laptop so I could do streams,) trips (to local places like Vegas, San Fransisco, and Burning Man,) and a car.  Ironically, although I would deliberate for days before buying a pair of nice shoes, my Eclipse convertible was something of an impulse buy.  At the time I was driving a black Saturn, and one day it made some strange noises and just broke down somewhere in Santa Monica, and I wandered onto a car lot, when I salesman came up to me and offered a test drive.  I knew from the moment I put my hands on it that it was the one.  The oversteer, the way it handled when I gave it some gas, and of course, that way it looked.  There's no feeling at all like driving a convertible down PCH, smelling the sage brush and the Spanish broom.  I didn't even think that I had good enough credit to qualify, but that day I drove off the lot in my dream car, at an age when some kids are still living at home scrounging up money for a keg.  My first road trip was to Vegas, with my gay buddy Eric, via highway 15 so I could really test out it's capabilities.  It's not that I don't like to spend money on clothes, it's just that they're a bit lower on my priority list.  I was content to wear jeans and second hand shirts from "Out of the Closet" without giving it a second thought.  If I had a few extra grand I paid off my credit card.   Here's a photo of my baby with my bud at the wheel.  We were in San Fransisco for a party on NYE.  His face has been blurred, for the simple reason that some people are sick.

Friend E driving Gia Regency's Eclipse Convertible

No comments:

Post a Comment